This kit includes most of the features of our heavy duty tire carrier hinge kit except the following:
- The dual shear bracket ties in the top of the shaft to the bumper. This isolates movement and flex within the hinge assembly allowing it to handle much more stress and weight. The bracket is a bolt-on application (or you can weld it on if you like). The gusset portion of the bracket ships un-welded.
- Fully sealed bearing housing with dual grease seals and spacer. Measures 2-3/4" diameter and 3.575" long.
- Sleeve: The sleeves come in a variety of lengths to fit the height of the bumper you are using. Our standard length is 4.2" for a 4" tall bumper. We have sleeves for up to 10" tall bumpers.
- Cap - You can choose to use the standard exposed castle nut, a custom cnc machined cap.
- Pop-Pin Plate - The pop pin plate is designed to be welded to the top of the bumper. The plate fits perfectly around the sleeve and can be rotated prior to welding allowing the desired "locked open" position to be established. When the carrier is in the closed position the pop pin is locked and loaded with the spring inside being depressed. Once the carrier is opened to predetermined degree, the pop pin shaft automatically locks into position in the small hole of the plate. This can be very helpful in windy conditions or when parked on an angle.
- (1) 1-3/4" Base diameter spindle
- (1) DOM tubing bearing housing
- (2) Races (installed)
- (2) Bearings
- (1) Spacer seal
- (1) Lower double lip grease seal
- (1) Upper double lip grease seal
- (1) Double shear bracket
- (1) Zerk fitting (installed)
- (1) Cap/nut option
- (1) Sleeve - optional with varying lengths
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.